Monday, January 14, 2013

Fried Rice with Shrimp Stir Fry

In an attempt to shake a winter cooking pattern and to guarantee a bounce-back after a rejected try at a new recipe, I came up with this super-food charged combo.

The brown rice dish is a long-standing goto item in my house.  I made it the day prior and got the obvious and reasonable question: "What's up with the rice?".  The answer dear reader lies below in the photos.  

The two dishes I made (fried rice & stir fry) go together like beer and brats... or is that brat and beers. :-)
Anyways, these can easily be tweaked by a determined cook to match ingredients at hand.

I won't bore you with the version I went with tonight.  The next time I make it, its certain to be different... and that's ok.

When the rice is properly cooked and fresh ingredients are used, your stir-fry can't fail.

Recipes:  (rough guides / aka inspiration)

Baked Brown Rice (thank you Alton)

Asian Edamame Fried Rice

Stir-Fried Snow Peas with Shiitakes and Ginger

Fried Rice with edamame, carrot, ginger, garlic, etc...
 

Shrimp, shiitake, pea pod stir fry



Lastly... a photo of my failed 5 cheese lasagna... deemed too heavy



1 comment:

  1. I think this con-venation of Fried rice and Shrimp Stir Fry is good for break fast right? I will try this tomorrow morning. Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete