Saturday, February 2, 2013

Thai Green Curry Paste

I've never cooked Thai food until today.  I've come close, but for the most part, I couldn't count them as Thai until now.  What's the difference you may wonder?  The answer: I made my own curry paste.

If you dig aromas and heat (spice), this is worth trying.
The curry paste is something you can buy in a can or jar and you'd be happy with the results.  However, the freshness of the homemade curry paste will give you that happy glow.  After eating the end result, you'll have a happy belly too.  The curry paste is made from toasted cumin and coriander seeds, ground up with black pepper pods.  Lemongrass, garlic, ginger and cilantro round out the components that are blended together.  I froze the unused paste.  How much you use in a dish depends on how much you want to kick it up.




To go from curry paste to finished dish is easy.  Pick some ingredients you like and use a stir try technique.





Tofu, mushroom and broccoli in a Thai green curry sauce served over brown rice.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment