Thursday, February 28, 2013

A double dose of delightful dinners


I've had the itch to make these two for a long time and this week provided the opportunity.  I realize these are not extraordinary recipes by any means, but that doesn't trouble me any.

Just like finding a shirt to add to your rotation, anyone who cooks is always looking to add a new fav (or two or three) to the repertoire.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring you Chicken Piccata with Fettuccine and Cous Cous "simplified". 
(different days, different tastes... same delight)

First the piccata.
Recipe:http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/chicken-piccata-recipe2/index.html


 Butter and olive oil in the same pan?  This has to be good.

3 minutes a side for the pounded out, seasoned and floured chicken

Back into the pan after adding the sauce ingredients...

Never got a chance to photo the plate.  Eleanor said, "just photo the lunch leftovers".  What a good kid.

Now for the cous cous recipe.
Recipe: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/couscous-salad-grapes-feta-00000000040787/index.html


Oh my goodness!


 Finally... if you made it this far, you deserve to see my gals.  They make this cooking hobby all the more fun for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment