Friday, April 5, 2013

Chili Cerdo before Chilling in China

I'll be deprived of cooking for the next 3 weeks while I'm visit colleagues in Beijing.
For my last "meal", should I cook a family staple or something that only I love?
Sorry folks, I chose the latter.
 Love the ingredients.  This will taste great, I just know it. 
 Remove the sinew, pat dry and salt.
Think about your Grandmother

 250 until falling apart.
Mexican rice. The ultimate amigo.
 

I'm off to China folks... with a yummy tummy.

Want the recipe?

Chili Cerdo in adobo sauce
Ingredients
  3 lb. boneless pork roast
  2 red bell peppers, sliced thin
  2 large garlic cloves, minced
  1 16oz can tomato sauce
  1 7-oz. can green chilies, chopped
  1 white onion chopped
  2 tsp. ground cumin
  1 lemon, juiced
  1 cup beef broth
  2 tsp. salt to taste
  3 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced

1. Sear all sides of pork roast in oil
2. Combine all ingredients in a crockpot.
3. Cook on low,  4 hours or until the pork easily comes apart. 
4. Remove from the dutch oven if needed for pulling.
5. Return to the pot and stir.

No comments:

Post a Comment